A free after-school club for children aged 10 to 13 will begin at the Digital Hub in Term 3.
WHAT IS MINECRAFT: EDUCATION EDITION?
Minecraft: Education Edition is an open-world game that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive environment where the only limit is your imagination.
• Collaborate on projects with classmates
• Document your work, and share in class
• Personalise your game
• Effectively communicate learning objectives in-game
• Play in a secure environment along with your after-school community
• Ask helpful guides for more information, including digital resources
Minecraft: Education Edition has been used in classrooms for many years to teach students about math, history, humanities, physics - and is a natural extension of the game they already know and love. Coding Minecraft gives students a different tool for self-expression - a platform to think about algorithms, solve problems and demonstrate it with their Minecraft ‘agent’.
Check out an example of the content here:
Register your interest here